Re: Create professional looking Invoices with Linux ?

On 2008-11-12 09:09, Richard England wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 20:42 -0800, Richard England wrote:
Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi All;

anyone have suggestions per software or openoffice templates that will help me create professional looking invoices ?

Thanks in advance

OpenOffice 2.3 on my F8 system, and OpenOffice 2.4 on my F9 system both an invoice form available. I don't believe I've added anything of that nature post install.

Look in File>New>Templates and Documents In OO2.3 At that level there are two called Modern Invoice and Elegant Invoice. In OO2.4 use the same pull down but click on the "Templates" group and there is an Invoice document there.

HTH,

~~R

When I do what you indicate on OO2.4 I see no Invoices in the Templates.
Why is your version different or have to added a OO help program that I
don't have?
Can you explain?
Apparently not.
In OO 2.4 I go to File>New>Templates and Documents and a pop-up appears. The choices there are New Documents, Templates, My Documents, and Samples. If I click on Templates I see a single Invoice selection available.

I also do not see a File>New>Documents pull down, as someone else reported. I see Text Document, HTML Document, XML Document and Master Document under the New entry. I also see no references to "Biz Documents"

This is the Fedora version of v2.4, I've not loaded the OO version. Perhaps there is a difference there. This is also a former F8 machine that was upgraded using preupgrade. Maybe there is something from a previous version lingering.

If any one can tell me how to determine if I have any other packages loaded for OO I'll be glad to investigate but rpm did not show anything and I haven't found a place to identify plugins or add ons in any of the menus selections.

I think this thread is stepping past usefulness, at this point, but we can carry on if anyone _really_ needs to get to the bottom of this.

~~R

I found it:

Go to File->New->Templates and Documents. In the pop-up click on Templates (if not already selected), then click on Business Correspondence. There is an Invoice template there.

The next time you open the Templates and Documents, you're already in the Business Correspondence section, so this would explain the difference between Richard and Aaron (if I get the attribution right). At this point you can click on the small back arrow at the top to go back to where you can select the Business Correspondence.

--
Sjoerd Mullender