Sudo from scripts

Over the years I have used sudo from some of my scripts (RHEL 3 and 4, SuSE (5-11), but I found in Fedora 9 (and CentOS 5.2) that sudo will fail:

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

In this particular case it was run on a CentOS 5.2 system, but I had the same issue with Fedora 9. In both cases the user account was set to NOPASSWD. Actually, on my home system it was my nightly backup script I run from my crontab. There are certainly some easy workarounds, such as running these scripts from root's cron (cron.daily, cron.weekly, ...), or writing my own sudo command (which I've done before Sudo arrived). Is there now a setting where I can run sudo non-interactively, or is this a new security restriction.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix