Re: RPM Fusion repo?

Tim wrote:
Tim:
I'm quite surprised that there was a "free" WMA plug-in.

Rahul Sundaram:
Why? ffmpeg supports pretty much everything, these days.

I was surprised that there was any sort of legal free codec for a
Microsoft Windows Media Audio format.  I'd expect it to be encumbered up
to the hilt.

ffmpeg is a complete from scratch implementation licensed under GPL and hence doesn't have copyright issues. It may have patent issues but software patents are not valid in many places yet. So rpmfusion can hold these packages in places where patents are not valid but not Fedora itself.

Rahul