Re: A New fedora user question

Tim wrote:
Tim:
How did you install them to get more than one?  I've not struck that
problem.  I installed the Flash player using the Adobe RPM, and update
it with "yum update", along with everything else.

Richard England:
That's a question I wish I knew the answer to. I've suspected that it may have been drug along during and update but I'm certain. To the best of my recollection, however, I simply installed two versions from Adobe. I have also wondered if they changed to install location but I've spent no time investigating.

Was your system a fresh install, or did you update one version of Fedora
to the next over the top?  Mine was a fresh install.  Over-the-top
installs sometimes make a mess of things.

This machine currently has F8 and I believe it was an upgrade from 7. Previous Flash (v9) was done before there was a yum repo, I believe.

If there are two versions installed and old version is removed from the plugin files, then the new one will be "seen" and used. I just tested this out on my F9 machine.

I agree, the yum repo would be a better bet since yum will help you by replacing instead of just adding.

~~R