Re: ASUS M3A78-EM -

Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
From: Bob Goodwin

I see that Newegg has a sale on ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. I guess what I want to know is does anyone have experience with this board? I would not install Windows, only Fedora Linux, probably F-9.

Have you gone to their site?  I have used several of their boards over
the years and their support had been quite good.  I even got some help
with compiling the kernel to get the on-board SCSI to work.  No, I had
no real idea what I was doing, the guy just gave me really good step by
step instructions that he used but that was years ago.

Yes, but there was no negative information there as one might expect and
nothing about video memory.
I think I will risk it and get the board.  I would like to get that other
computer running since I usually keep two configured the same so I always
have a source of configuration information as well as one to experiment with ...

Thanks.

Bob