Re: Flash not displayed in Firefox (uses gnash)

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Anoop> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Colin Paul Adams
>     Anoop> <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> If I point my browser to
>     >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7697829.stm
>     >> , then the map is not displayed at all.
>     >>
>     >> Is there a way to get this to work, or do I have to install a
>     >> different flash player?
>
>     Anoop> You need to install adobe flash player for that. You can
>     Anoop> get it from www.adobe.com
>
> OK.
>
> But may I ask why? Is it the version of Flash needed? Or is gnash just buggy?

Gnash has most Flash features up to SWF done, while above that it is
spotty.  In this case, running the SWF with gnash's verbose output gives:

10666] 11:30:17: UNIMPLEMENTED: SWF9 is not fully supported, trying
anyway but don't expect it to work

for me.

It is a very active project, and they are making significant progress.
However, in the meantime, gnash can't handle this.

Matt Flaschen