Re: Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Armin Moradi wrote:

Is this turning into a religious war?

Nope - just trying to point out that there is no correct answer to
the OPs question. It depends on too many factors for the answer to
be the same in all situations. The OP has not given us enough
information to even take a guess on what would be best for him.

Mikkel

My original question was based on the fact that Ubuntu is used on either pre installed Linux systems and on what they call "Linux friendly" computers which Ubuntu is recommended for. So my question is why did they choose Ubuntu? What makes it so special? I personally like Fedora far better for my own personal reasons. I don't even touch my Vista Ultimate 64 partition any more. But again, why is the mainstream market choosing Ubuntu?