F9 gdm theme?

I just did a "yum upgrade" on this computer (my main desktop)  from F8 to Fedora
9. Took the plunge thanks to the efforts of the chaps at RPMFusion, which has me
impressed all to hell by the way.  (Great job on that, chaps!  My sincere
thanks for all of your efforts.)

Anyway, my first issue is that I would like to install a custom gdm theme and
my google-fu tells me that it can't be done.

Is that still the case?  If so, are things going to be "back to normal" when
F10 is released?  Or are we dealing with long-term breakage of some kind?

Completely off the subject at hand, I just purchased one of those cute little
Acer Aspire One mini-laptops earlier this afternoon.  I got the one that comes
with Windows XP because it was was on sale ($379.00 plus tax at Staples in
Yorkton, 20 miles down the road from here).  It apparently has 1gb of ram and
160gb hard drive.  I booted it once with the Windows that it came with to make
sure that it works (it does) and now my next project is to blow that away and
install a real operating system.  My reading indicates that the F10 Beta "just
works" when it's installed on this unit, so I'm downloading the Live CD right
now and will slap 'er on there later tonight.

New toy.  Should be the real thing for reading e-books on, and for playing
around with Commodore 64 software.  (Anyone who started out with a C64 and
hasn't tried Vice, you don't know what you're missing.)