Re: Why is a terminal in F9 starting in ~/Documents?

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:04:34
From: Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Why is a terminal in F9 starting in ~/Documents?

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 12:24:16PM -0500, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> Under F9, after I come up, I see that when I start a terminal app, that
> app is not in my $HOME directory. Instead, it's in ~/Documents. Is there
> way to prevent this from happening?

Are you using nautilus-open-terminal, the nautilus add-on that
provides a right-click "Open Terminal" shortcut?  If so, what does the
following command return?

$ gconftool-2 -R /apps/nautilus-open-terminal

Umm, it returns no text. But that's not the question. I'm running an
xterm. Not a kterm or a gnome-terminal. Just a plain old xterm. It's the
window manager (KDE) that thinks it's in the Documents directory. ZAnd it
doesn't matter what terminal I run. They all start in Documents.

steveo at syslang.net