Re: Fedora / RedHat - The problem

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 08:04 -0800, Fred Silsbee wrote:

> take the computer back and demand XP Prof!

Not physically possible. It was bought on Amazon and I live outside the
US (it was delivered to a US postal address and then carried here).

> Many are doing this
>
> who in their right mind would buy Vista

I didn't particularly buy Vista, I bought the laptop since it was a good
deal. I could install XP on it of course (I have legal CDs).

> Even MS gave up on it...sure you can still buy it but...
>
> The # of HP horror stories will keep me clear of anything HP but printer cartridges

Actually the printer works extremely well under both Linux and MacOS.
It's the cost of refill cartridges that's killing me. The price per
litre seems to be several times that of the most expensive champagne.

poc