Re: Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

> >> The job is sir to have the best Linux environment.
> So which
> >> is better, Fedora OR Ubuntu?
> >>
> >> --
> >
> > Great Question :)
> > Sorry to nose in on this question.  But how about
> BOTH!
> > Fedora for getting in recent/latest packages ie.
> kernel, gcc, glibc, ..., etc.
> > Ubuntu LTS(Long Term Support), very useful help pages
> throughout the net(little more than Fedora), more support
> other than LTS, ..., etc.,
> > cutomized versions(Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu,
> Mythbuntu, ..., Ubuntu Christian Edition, Ubuntu Muslim
> Edition, ...)
> > Which is better Ford or Chevy?  Wait there's also
> Dodge, Toyota, ..., great to have choices.  Linux is like
> this also.  I happen to agree with Mikkel on this one :)
>
> While having choices is nice, if you are going to make the
> inevitable internet car analogy, if one of the companies
> (Linux distros in general) only has about 1% of the total
> market to begin with, would you still think it was a good
> idea to fragment that into a bazillion models that can't
> be supported with interchangeable parts?  You aren't
> talking Ford and Chevy here - it's more like DeLorian
> and Tesla.

Never had heard of Delorian or Tesla.  Do they have 1% of the automobile industry.  I have heard of Saturn, Hyundai, others not mentioned.

> --   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

Probably not a good idea, but they did it.  If you read distrowatch, some people compared Ubuntu and Fedora along the same lines.  Some swore by Ubuntu others by Fedora.

One point that they made was that Fedora did not have KFedora, GFedora, XFedora, ..., like Ubuntu has Kubuntu, Xubuntu, ..., At least Fedora is consistent in this regard.  It is still Fedora underneath and many people appreciate that.

Regards,

Antonio