Re: another EDID question, if i might

Quoting Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:42:57 -0400
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"0 x 0 mm"?? i'm not sure what to make of that

Well, if it is a projector, there isn't any particular
size they can say the image will be since that depends
on how far you are away from the screen. Perhaps they just
said 0 since there was no legitimate value to use?

  i was suspecting that, but it *appeared* that, perhaps
given that returned value, that's why my laptop was refusing
to send video out the DVI port.  i was trying to drive a
simple video signal to that piece of equipment, and the
person manning it kept telling me that he wasn't getting
any signal.

  i can't do any further testing until he comes in today,
but i've never had trouble sending video out the DVI port
after activating it with "xrandr".  and, yesterday, i did.
or so the other party was claiming, as it was hard to verify
as there was no actual display to view the image on.

  i'll have to wait a bit to do any more testing.  it's
possible this is all a false alarm, but it was just a bit
puzzling.

rday