Re: Dropping Mac for Linux

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 09:47 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> > 4) Is there a way to migrate apple mail messages to Kmail ?
>
> I do not know.  Even a quick Google didn't really show anything that
> struck me as a way to do so, but YMMV.

The answer depends on what you mean by "apple mail messages". Assuming
we're talking about the Mail.app application in MacOS, it's trivial if
your mail is on an IMAP server: just point Kmail at the same server and
account. If it's held locally (via POP) you need to check how it's
stored on your machine. If you're in luck it will be in mbox format, or
can be exported (from Mail.app) to mbox format, in which case just copy
the file(s) and import them into Kmail.

poc