Re: Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 08:34:38PM -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I have never had rpm, yum or PackageKit crash on me, but that is a
> signature trait of Synaptic.

With all respect, that's not universal.  I've had absolute reliable
Synaptic/apt/dpkg performance on four Ubuntu systems--one server, one
laptop, and two desktops.  Perhaps your experience is with earlier
releases of Ubuntu?

The only iffy things I've had happen under Ubuntu are automatic support
for exotic disk/controller configurations (and that was readily fixed
by understanding Grub), and support for nVidia proprietary drivers
(so what's new.)

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat