Re: Evolution Unmatched folder changed behaviour

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 12:31 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 18:27 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 09:02 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
> > > 	G'day all,
> > > 		This is to get info to understand why Evolution suddenly changed its
> > > behaviour and fix an inconvenience.  I am using F8 and Evolution 2.12.3.
> > > Normally the Unmatched Search Folder contains only the emails not
> > > included in other search folders.
> > >
> > > 	Yesterday I created a couple more search folders to catch some new
> > > sources of email, but now the Unmatched folder is filled with all emails
> > > in all of the On This Computer folders.  The Unmatched properties cannot
> > > be changed.  What did change and how do I correct it?
> >
> > Presumably some of the other filters changed so they no longer match.
> >
> > poc
> >
> That's the curious thing, the 'unmatched' emails are in unfiltered
> folders created under On this Computer, the bulk have been moved out of
> the Inbox folder to others for reference.  Shouldn't the Unmatched
> folder display those from Inbox?

Impossible to say without looking at the specific filters, e.g. it might
make a difference if they do or don't include "Stop Processing" as the
last action, if a search is on Match or Don't Match, etc.

You do realize that Unmatched is not a real folder, right? All the mails
you see there are in real folders. If you want to see where they are,
right-click on the header line in the message list pane and select Add
Column, then Location.

poc