Re: C++ and FTP

iztok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I have to use FTP connection in C++ applications.

I found some tutorials, but nothing interesting.

Has anybody been doing with FTP functions?

I will need some tutorials about it.

Thank you.

Hi,
I would also recommend curl, I use it a lot.

form man curl:
curl is a tool to transfer data from or to a server, using one of the supported protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP, DICT, TELNET, LDAP or FILE). The command is
      designed to work without user interaction.

Example:
char  curlcmd[100];
char url[]="http://<url....>",char receiving_file[]="/<some directory>/recfile.html"
//setup url command
 sprintf(curlcmd,"curl %s > %s",url,receiving_file);
 i=system(curlcmd);

I don't use it for FTP purposes, but for HTTP sites, and the result is put nicly into the receiving file specified in the curlcmd. I then run it through a program removing all tags, and then I can process the data.

Try it  out with FTP instead of HTTP, it should work like a charm.

BRGDS
PAR