Re: ****Re: Data Recovery:

I've upgraded/updated installed packages for Fedora 9.  I've removed Xen.  I am able to start either KDE or Gnome.

However, individual applications are a hit-or-miss.  Very much a miss with either KDE or Gnome.  The application will give all indications that it is starting, either the message on the status bar or a flash screen.  But, it does not start.   The only ones I have been successful to start thus far are Kyum (both), Terminal (Gnome), File Manager (Dolphan in KDE).

When I shut down in Gnome, the system hangs.

I hope some one has some ideas.

Thanks.
-------------- Original message from Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------