Re: Case of the disappearing flash-plugin symlink

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 01:52 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 23:24 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >> It seems like every boot/reboot, the flash-plugin symlink created by
> >> the post-install script of the flash-plugin RPM gets deleted. This of
> >> course leads to flash not working in Firefox. The laziest fix is to
> >> `yum -y reinstall flash-plugin`.
> >>
> >> Any ideas on what could be causing this? I know for sure that SELinux
> >> is enabled on this machine, but I have no reason yet to suspect it.
> > ----
> > the problem with Flash, FF and Fedora 9 seems to be the automatic launch
> > at startup.
> >
> > If it doesn't 'restore' and startup automatically, then flash will work
> > without issue.
>

> So would simply quitting Firefox and relaunching fix this? Or do I
> have to disable the auto startup feature?
----
If you press <Control><Option><ESC> - you get the kill pointer (probably
has some other name) and just kill Firefox by clicking on it. Wait 10
seconds, launch Firefox, tell it to 'Restore Session' and Flash works
this time.

I found it easier to just close out Firefox when I shutdown.

Craig