Re: out of range

i got to the 'setup' menu and could only choose 800x600 or 640x480, and tried to choose generic lcd as opposed to generic crt; it the seemed to save some changes but when i rebooted it went to 'out of range' after grub/boot;

barclay

Craig White wrote:
Tim suggested runlevel 3 and I may have led you down the wrong path on
runlevel 1.

either change the 1 to a 3 in my instructions or if you are already on
the computer, type 'init 3' to switch to runlevel 3. Then try to run
'startx'

Craig