F9, Firefox 3 and Java plugin

Hi,

I'm having some problems with Firefox 3 on F9 and Sun's Java plugin.
Can anyone with this setup test the site:
https://secure.apligraf.com.br/webfeed/viptrade/grafico.php?popup=sim&papel=USIM5&estudo=ifr&indexador

And tell me what happens? Here, the area where a java applet should
appear stays blank. After 3 or 4 reloads, it may either appear and work
correctly or freeze Firefox, forcing me to kill it.
However, if I use the OpenJDK plugin provided with F9, the site always
works correctly, but some sites I need to access won't work correctly
with it, so I can't use Open JDK plugin.
This site works correctly with F8 + Firefox 2 and the same version of
Sun's Java plugin.
Any idea on what may be causing this problem?
Also, an internet banking site which I often use have a java applet
which shows a dynamic table where data is updated in real time. In
Firefox 3, the headers of the columns of the table are shown with a
different spacing of that of columns data, i.e., not aligned. Something
like this:

COL1      COL2      COL3      COL4      COL5
data	data	data	data	data	data
data	data	data	data	data	data
data	data	data	data	data	data
data	data	data	data	data	data

This do not happen with F8 + Firefox 2 neither.

Thanks,

Marcelo