From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of bob smith
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:21 PM
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: installation build and test process question - warning, it is
dumb.

You guys have offered some great advice, so I am going to ask a dumb
sort of question.
I have a machine with all the peripherals - CD, DVD, Frewire,  SATA,
EIDE, SCSI, USB ports,
and multiple ethers.  I use this as a build and test machine -
configuring a drive to be installed
in another box.  It is not possible to add more than a minimal drive to
the target machines.

When I build a drive, configure the apps, test it, and then install it
in the intended box,
I have to do lots of manual clean up, ethernet device names making them
match mac
addresses in the configs, and so on.  I am careful about system names,
ip addresses,
and all that for the application installs.

Is there an easier way to do this? I have tried a few alternatives but
they still
require post install clean up.  yeah, I am kind of manually going
through all this,
not quie brute force but close.

thanks for any ideas
bob