Re: F9: Firefox: Java based site fails to work.

Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 11:14 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
>> I visited a java-based website and wondering why this
>> site seems to say that I need to enable Java in order
>> to use it?
>>
>> I checked FF preferences and Java is enabled so that
>> is not the problem.
>>
>> Firefox works fine on a windows platform so perhaps
>> I actually do not have Java installed on F9?  If so, what
>> steps do I need to take in order to make it work?
> ----
> does it ever occur to you to search ???
>
> - the web?
> - the installation notes?
> - the fedoraproject wiki?
> - the list archives?
> - anywhere?
>
> before you ask the list?

Did it ever occur to you to answer the question or keep your mouth shut?
   Dan, you can check about:plugins to see what you have installed.
IcedTea/OpenJDK, which is free and in Fedora repositories, will work for
some sites.  However, others still require the proprietary Sun Java

Please tell us what site you're trying to use and what you currently
have installed.

Matt Flaschen