Re: Fedora 10 and 80x24 text console bootup

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:50:17AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 23:33:50 +0100,
>   Mikolaj Kucharski <mikolaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to have plain text console all the way from grub to login
> > prompt completely disabling plymouth, as currently I have high
>
> You aren't going to be able to disable plymouth. Also you don't need to.
> If you remove the kernel option for the graphical display (which used
> to be rhgb, but I am not sure if it still is) then the system will boot
> in text mode. (You still get a resolution switch if modesetting is being
> used for your video card.)

I don't have rhgb added anywhere, as I showed in my previous post:

# cat /proc/cmdline
ro root=/dev/md1 nofb

plymouth is configured to give text output:

# plymouth-set-default-plugin
text

> > resolution glass console after kernel is reaching init. How I can
> > achieve that? TIA.
>
> It isn't clear to me if you want to get a vt for login or just have text
> up until X starts. If you don't want X, you can boot to runlevel 3 by using
> 3 as a kernel parameter.

This server doesn't have X Window System installed. I want to have
classic 80x24 text console after my Fedora 10 boot up multiuser.

How I can check which module is responsible for changing the video
resolution? I the past in Linux you could append ``nofb'' to disable
framebuffer and keep the glass console in plain text mode. I don't know
how to do that today.

--
best regards
q#