Re: Beeping while running

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Recently, one of my machines (running F8) has started beeping and I can't figure out the reason why. After watching it this morning, I've noticed that every 30 minutes it seems to beep 20 times. It almost sounds like a BIOS beep, but the machine has 177 days of uptime (and counting). So, I'm wondering, what will cause 20 short beeps? My wife describes it as almost sounding like a flute. I figure its got to be a warning of some kind. The motherboard is an ABit NF7-S2 with an AMD XP 2600+ CPU and 1.5GB of RAM (3 512MB sticks).

Maybe it's the back up signal. After running forward for so many days it has to backup to make room to move forward again....

Sorry,...couldn't help myself,...I'll crawl back in my hole, now.

~~R