Re: speaking of firefox beastlyness...

Tom Horsley wrote:
I seem to be encountering more and more web pages where
firefox will go totally sluggish and I'll see my gkrellm
monitor showing a CPU pegged at 100%.

Is there any kind of a firefox performance plugin that measures
time spent inside other firefox plugins and provides a
web page with a summary of the piggy plugins?

Or I wonder if I could do it from outside firefox, sampling
the PC address and correlating it with shared library names (which
often map to plugins).

P.S. I know for a fact is isn't flash, because I run with flash
disabled 99% of the time specifically to avoid nonsense like
this :-).

I've noticed it a lot when Java is involved.  Not sure if switching to
a true Java as opposed to IcedTea would help...haven't had a chance to
futz with it.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks@xxxxxxxx -
-     The trouble with troubleshooting is that trouble sometimes     -
-                             shoots back.                           -