FC9 and smartarray 221

Hello all

Long time user of FC and I have been itching to get a more recent version
onto my servers.

I have been using FC4 & 5 on my compaq 1850R servers and went to install
FC9 the other day and the installer can't see the 221 controller (no disk
drives).

It seems that everything above FC5 has this issue.

I changed the controller to a 3200 and the same thing.

I ensured that in the compaq smartstart machine setup that the controller
was set as first. Remember that I have already successfully installed FFC4
& 5 on this machine with its current configuration.

I don't use FC on my compaq 6500s as they all have fiber arrays and FC
doesn't seem to support the fiber controller I am using.

To find a solution to this I have searched the docs and the wiki. I can't
find anything about linux drivers for the 221 array controller. And I have
googled about everything I can think of about FC and the 221 controller.

Any thoughts or comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred