Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 04:52:02PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Any chance of getting support for the Atheros L1E NIC in there? The Linux driver comes with the ASUS P5Q-SE/R board, for their "Express" Linux, and appears to be GPL. The reviews on the Newegg site say that OpenSuSE-11 supports the NIC out of the box, so if the license is okay perhaps Fedora users won't have to hand build a kernel.

I don't know anything about that particular driver, but a quick Google
search for "linux atheros l1e" shows me patches submitted to the
2.6.25.3+ kernel.  It may be there now.  Have you tried the Fedora 10
Beta to see what happens?

Yes, thanks. The most recent FC9 kernel also seems to include that patch, and the systems with the ASUS "P5Q SE/R" board work well.

I have not had any luck yet getting the video working in FC10 on bare hardware. I did do an install on KVM, which works if you ignore the lack of xorg.conf (I know, new X) and a choice of resolutions limited to 800x600 and no obvious way to increase it. I tried the default video and the "-std-vga" option, for simple testing that is adequate.

I will eventually try FC10 on other hardware, it's beta and I don't live or die by it, FC9 working really well for me other than one laptop.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>