Wireless, Broadcom

> From: Jeroen de Haas <dajero dajero nl>
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."
> <fedora-list redhat com>
> Subject: Re: Wireless, Broadcom
> Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:11:14 +0200

I am still try to learn Linux, so most of time I am lost like in this
situation. While I was waiting for the answer I went to
http://dnmouse.org/autoinstall.html I selected sudo with password it
downloaded the autonine file running this file assigned the password
automatically. Now when I repeat the command "sudo apt-get install
ndiswrapper-common nddiswrapper-utils ndisgtk" it accept the password
but it cannot find the "apt-get" is this a file that I need to get some
where?
Thank you
Vinny
> -- > Timothy Murphy
Hello Vinny,

Fedora uses yum instead of apt-get to install applications. The system
cannot find "apt-get" because the program just isn't there. Furthermore,
ndiswrapper is not included in the official fedora repositories.

There is a tutorial on setting up ndiswrapper on Fedora:
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/ndis-yum-livna . This text assumes
you have configured yum to use the livna repository (which does contain
the ndiswrapper packages) as explained in
http://fedoramobile.org/solved/post-install-solutions/yum-config/ .

I hope this will be enough to get you started.

Good luck,

Jeroen

I am stuck again I downloaded the tutorial and fallowed up to the paragraph 7. Paragraph 8 as a link to http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List, this link is ether incorrect or the side is changed. I tried to find the broadcom drive but the only one I found is call "DriveDetective.exe" and does not run under Linux, it is windows program I need some direction how to get the proper drive for the broadcom bcm3406 minipci