Re: What does kernel 2.6.27 bring for Artheros AR5007 users?

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>>> I'm using a eeepc with the AR5007EG wifi and kernels-2.6.27 in FC10 work
>>> great.
>>>

>> What did you use before 2.6.27?
>>

> The madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz driver, but I'm sure it's changed to a
> different number by now.
> While I was using FC9 , I went to Redhat Rawhide and got a Kernel-2.6.27 and
> installed on FC9 and it worked
> without any problems.
> I'm using kernel-2.6.27-0.398.rc9.fc10.i686, If you should choose to go that
> way, be sure you get the kernel-devel, kernel-headers,  from rawhide, just
> in case you should have to compile anything.
> I switch to FC10-test because they have a lot of improvements to KDE.
> The 2.6.27 kernels have fixes for most or all Atheros chipsets, it also
> fixed my Webcam
> So I have got a  eeePC 702, with all hardware working in FC10.
> Send me your Email and I will attach an forward  the
> madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz driver to you. I still have it on my PC.

No need for the attachment, I have that madwifi via Livna (RPM)  and
its 'ok' but is very flaky. It either doesn't resume after suspend, or
stalls the machine on suspend. And randomly doesn't work on some
boots.

I was going to pull in .27 from rawhide, but I saw it was pulling in
some packages for update which I was not familiar with so I aborted
that process. May have to give it a try again.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )