Re: gimp 2.6 for F8?

on 10/10/2008 03:52 AM Kam Leo wrote:
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 00:16 -0400, oleksandr korneta wrote:
but smart has the advantage which I like. In case you have a
local *.rpm with unsatisfied dependencies on your system, installing
this rpm through "smart install" will make smart pull all of those
from the repositories on the fly (provided they are available there),
instead of spitting the angry error messages into STDOUT like "rpm
-ivh" does.
I'll point out that yum can do that, too.

e.g. "yum localinstall httpd<tab>" would install that local file, and
should pull in any dependencies, automatically.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686

That works only if a yum repository contains the dependency. In this
instance the packages are not in a repository but were downloaded into
a local directory.

guys, don't argue. The takehome message is that both yum and smart have an advantage over "rpm -ivh" :)

But I like smart more, it is faster on my machine.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F8 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./