Re: Can't install FC10 (video issue)

Bill Davidsen wrote:
When I run the install DVD, i386 or x86_64, the first screen in video mode comes up with the bottom half of the image off the bottom of the screen. By using "video=" options I can make it smaller, or use alternate drivers, but the cutoff is always at the same point. I have tried several monitors, same behavior. Normal display is LCD 1024x768, but I've tried up to a good CRT which will go to 1600x1200.

The odd thing is that I had no such problem with FC9, so I assume this is due to an "enhancement" in X. Changing video cards is not a realistic option, I have limited slot space and no inclination to go buy another good video card for the PCIe slot.

Does anyone have a great idea how to diddle the parameters before install so I can see what I'm doing? I want to install on spare disk and share the /home and /appdata between FC9 and FC10, at least for the moment.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Beta/ReleaseNotes

Try passing "nomodeset" to the installer boot prompt

Do report any issues to http://bugzilla.redhat.com against rawhide.

Rahul

PS: Development snapshots/test release discussions happen on fedora-test list instead of here.