Re: Video card

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:04:25 -0700
Dan <dan.steele.d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you give me some names of Video cards that are most compatible
> with Fedora 9 and that have drivers for Fedora 9??

If you want a system that just works and has usable 3D and effects (but
not brilliant gamer mega-polygon bloodfest 3D) then the Intel stuff
pretty much always just works as Intel have been working with the Linux
community for some time to make that happen.

ATI and VIA are now working with the community but they are coming in
late and post R300 ATI stuff is still a bit wobbly at times.

Nvidia don't seem to want to play so as a last resort there is an Nvidia
reverse engineering project producing drivers but that of course isn't a
great way to get the best driver code.

Alan