Re: Video card

Hello Dan,

As pointed out by Dennis the Hardware Compatibility List maintained by Fedora is out of date by 4 years. I am afraid your only resource for this kind of information is experiences of other users. The HCL for other distros are not any better off either specially when you are searching for something relatively new. Probably the gentoo wiki has the most upto date list.

As for me, my experience with proprietary graphics drivers (even the ones repackaged by livna) have not been pretty. Although me being a new linux convert might have a lot to do with it. If you are interested in something better than the regular inbuilt graphics chips, I would suggest you look in http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=category&item=Graphics%20Cards

Hope this helps
--
Suvayu