Re: F9: Nautilus weird behaviour for icons

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 16:39 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
Some weird effect in F9: whem skipping through my Desktop folders with
nautilus, then the icon for .pdf files is sometimes the iconified
first page, sometimes a small clock. The same happens for .sxw .odt
documents.

The clock is the "wait a moment, while I create the icon" indicator.
Eventually it should disappear to be replaced by an thumbnail picture
that represents that particular file, or something more generic for the
type of file.

Hi Tim,

maybe, but waiting some time does not generate another thumbnail. Seems
to depend from the files properties. Traversing .thumbnails does not help.

Regards

Joachim Backes

Can somebody tell me why nautilus does not use each time the same
icon?

When it makes a thumbnail, it stores the image inside ~/.thumbnails/.
It usually does use the same image that it's previously created, but
perhaps there's a reason why it recreates them (e.g. the file's
apparently changed content).  The thumbnails seem to be associated with
the files with some sort of hash.  I don't know if it's a hash just
based on the original file content, or includes filenames and paths as
part of the equation.

--

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>