Re: IRC classroom sessions

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:49:59 -0400
davidsen@xxxxxxx (Bill Davidsen) wrote:

> > 1. Would you be interested in attending a classroom session on IRC?
> >
> Love to, timing is important though, I can shift my work day more
> easily than evening meetings with people who are locked into 9-5.

Yeah, I fear there will never be a good time for everyone.
Lots of folks are requesting weekends however.

> A lot of people don't know how to compile a kernel (and many
> shouldn't) so some examples of getting the unused features out to
> reduce build time would be useful. Also how to apply patches.

Sure.
There is:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel
Which is pretty good. Also, note that it's pretty darn rare to need to
compile your own kernel anymore.

> How to create and maintain a local repository would be useful.
>
> Syslog - use of central syslog servers, and writing logs to pipes so
> other programs can watch them in real time.

Cool. Noted.

> > 3. What general times would be good for you to attend a classroom
> > session? Weekends? Weekdays? Weekday evenings in the EDT timezone?
>
> Weekday afternoons in NY time are good for me, AM is doable.

Thanks for the feedback!

kevin