Re: How is KDE4 supposed to be used ?

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 11:45:36PM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dave Feustel <dfeustel <at> mindspring.com> writes:
> > Neither xterm nor konqueror is in the menu list as far as I can tell.
>
> Konqueror is definitely in the menu!
>
> As for xterm, if it isn't listed in the menu, that's a bug in the xterm
> package, please file a bug in Bugzilla, all GUI programs are supposed to be
> registered in the menus! (But why don't you just use Konsole?)

I used konsole for quite a while, but I experienced wierd behavior that
seemed to target konsole. I switched to xterm after konsole began
starting up with non-stop repeating of 'i' on the command line even
when I wasn't touching the keyboard. Another problem I experience
even now with xterm is that the first 2 characters I type on a command
line after a period of inactivity just don't echo. This has happened
so many times that I reject the possiblity that I am not pressing
the keys hard enough.