Wireless, Broadcom

12. Re: Wireless, Broadcom (Timothy Murphy)
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:24:08 +0100
> From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Wireless, Broadcom
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Vincent Onelli wrote:
>
> > [vinnyo@localhost ~]$ sudo apt-get install nddiswrapper-utils ndisgtk
> > [sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my root PW)
> > Sorry, try again.
> > [sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my user PW)
> > vinnyo is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
> >
> > I could not even get start, What am I doing wrong?
>
> I think you are asking how to get on the sudoer list?
>
> The answer to that is to give the command "visudo" as root.
> Personally, I then uncomment the "wheel without password" line,
> and then run "vigr" and "vigr -s" to add myself
> to the wheel group.
> I don't know if that is the official route.

I am still try to learn Linux, so most of time I am lost like in this
situation. While I was waiting for the answer I went to
http://dnmouse.org/autoinstall.html I selected sudo with password it
downloaded the autonine file running this file assigned the password
automatically. Now when I repeat the command "sudo apt-get install
ndiswrapper-common nddiswrapper-utils ndisgtk" it accept the password
but it cannot find the "apt-get" is this a file that I need to get some
where?
Thank you
Vinny