Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:

Any chance of getting support for the Atheros L1E NIC in there? The Linux driver comes with the ASUS P5Q-SE/R board, for their "Express" Linux, and appears to be GPL. The reviews on the Newegg site say that OpenSuSE-11 supports the NIC out of the box, so if the license is okay perhaps Fedora users won't have to hand build a kernel.

It is in upstream 2.6.27 kernel so basically all distributions should support it at this point. Try it out and if it doesn't then file bug reports.

I posted that note after trying the FC10 beta net_install CD, which I thought had 2.6.27-rc7 as the base. That was the x86_64 version, I am pulling the i686 version at the moment for install tomorrow on the same system.

I selected the rescue mode, and answered YES to network enable, and the network didn't come up. I'll check again tomorrow, the FC9 install has multiple problems with that motherboard, so I don't mind installing several times if needed.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't look for the driver, just assumed that no network meant no driver. I can believe the installer may be a bit rough, NP. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>