Re: Authenicated logon against AD

Em Sex 03 Out 2008, Paul Johnson escreveu:
> The menu approach does not work here. I can authenticate users with
> the pam_smb module.  It has instructions with it.  The only problem
> is that user accounts must be created on each system before users can
> log in.  Otherwise, pam_smb works fine to authenticate users.
>
> I never had any luck with winbind or ldap bacause those approaches
> require co-operation of the active directory or the ldap server, and
> I don't have administrative power there.  but, with pam_smb, I do not
> need it. I can authenticate users without any cooperation from the
> windows domain administrators..

The only power you need on AD to use the winbind/ldap solution, which I
think is much better, is the right to add computer accounts to the
domain. The Windows domain administrators can grant you this right
without granting any other administrative privileges.
There's no need to create any accounts locally.
I have here a document I created a couple of years ago in which I had
written detailed instructions on how to get Fedora Core 6
authenticating users on AD. The procedure has not changed much since
then. I can send it to you if you wish, but it's written in portuguese,
you may need to use a translator.

[]'s
Marcelo