Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 12:49 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 10:54 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> [...]

> This concept of everyone has to know about all the fedora lists and join
> them and never forward information from one list to another is just,
> IMHO, silly.  Not to mention that no matter what FAQ are posted every
> month and no matter what *rules* and *regulations* are proclaimed there
> will always be new users that won't/haven't read them yet...

Agreed up to here.

> or will
> think some of them silly and ignore them....

In which case they should be called on it. Thinking a guideline (there
are few if any "rules" here and no "regulations" I know of) is silly is
a reason to propose an alternative, not simply to ignore it.

>   Some folks here act as if
> anarchy is breaking out and the whole world order is collapsing when
> someone top posts....

Top-posting, posting in HTML, quoting entire digests (and not editing
quotes, which I admit most of us are guilty of from time to time) are
real impediments. It's reasonable to draw attention to the guidelines
when the poster clearly hasn't noticed them or has decided they don't
apply to him.

poc