Re: Java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin problem - (x86-64)

Trapper wrote:
I have been trying to resolve a java related issue with the java Firefox
plugin since the release of Fedora 10 Alpha x86_64. I am now using F10
Beta x86_64 and the difficulty still persists.

I have:
java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-0.21.b12.fc10 (x86_64)
java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin (x86_64)
firefox 3.0.2 (x86_64)
kernel-2.6.27-0.352.rc7.git1.fc10 (x86_64)

My problem:
The java plugin works but it does not work here:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
 > You should file a bug, either at the Red Hat bug repository or at
http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/

Okay Matthew, I filed a bug at http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/

I am still looking for some sort of workaround in 64 bit for the interim. This has been an ongoing issue since F8, at least. I'm not expecting any real fixes anytime soon. A band-aid for now, without having to revert back to 32 bit apps, would be nice though. I've about had my fill of going backwards to resolve issues, especially with something that's been an ongoing issue for quite a while.

It's just a web page but it's a most important web page here. Every time we install a new release or machine here we have to go through gyrations to utilize this page. I don't know the full history of the difficulty but am of the opinion the difficulty arises because of some incompatibility between some libraries used in java and Linux. That's not necessarily so but what I've been led to believe.

Trapper