Re: Font rendering problem in F8 KDE

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 16:17 +0000, Mike wrote:
> Unchecking the exclude range, and using antialiasing with Vertical RGB
> and medium hinting seems to suit my machine OK.
>
> Maybe for different machines the settings will need to be optimised
> differently?

It would *definitely* need different tweaks for different displays.
Your use of "Vertical RGB" sounds like you're using a LCD panel in
portrait oriention (red, green, and blue coloured pixels, one above
another), I'd expect the usual landscape orientation of monitors, with
coloured pixels beside each other, to be called horizontal RGB.  And
then there's the more unusual monitors with something other than RGB
order.

Also, it'd appear that some video cards can do anti-aliasing by
themselves, looking at some of the options that I can set with my NVidia
chipset.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686