Re: Google Chrome

Rick Bilonick wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 15:11 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

Rick Bilonick wrote:
| On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 08:49 -0500, John Thompson wrote:
| Rick Bilonick wrote:
|
| | How did you get Chrome to install?
|
| What version of wine are you using? I'm using v1.1.4, which apparently
| has some Chrome-related tweaks to make it work.
|

| This is the version I'm using: wine-1.0-1.fc8.

Try this one:

HTH...

Thanks. I used yum localinstall to update wine. Now the Chrome setup
starts up, but stops because it wants to access the Internet. I'm not
sure what is stopping Internet access. A help web page appears with
instructions to fix it, but it's for Windows OS. I checked in wine
configuration and also in Firefox (running under wine), but I don't see
any option to change to allow Chrome set up to access the Internet to
complete the installation. Any ideas? Did you have this problem?

The complete package ready to run is described here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/about/people/blogs/jwhite/2008/9/15/fire-drills-and-proving-a-point
and it "works for me" using the WINE included. YMMV.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>