Re: Switching to KDE (was kde or gnome)

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> That's the thing I'm trying to get across, and it findable via google.
> KDE4 does not have desktop icons.
What do you actually mean by that?

One can, for example, go the the application launcher on the default
panel...then go to "Applications-->Internet" and then drag/drop the
firefox icon onto the desktop.   You then have an "icon" on your desktop
and when you right-click on it there is even a menu "Icon Settings".

--
Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs. --
Alfred Hitchcock