Re: desperately seeking "IgnoreEDID"

Quoting Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

in the long term, yes, we will eventually figure out what EDID info
the video device should have but, in the short term, as tom appreciates,
i just want my F9 system to ignore/ignore/ignore whatever is coming
back in terms of EDID.  and, thus far, i have been utterly unable to
do so.

Thats what Option "DDC" "False" does, it turns off DDC and thus EDID

  i just happen to be in the lab since i wanted to test the earlier
suggestion, so i gave this a shot (with the original radeon driver).
this time, while /var/log/Xorg.0.log makes no mention whatsoever of
EDID (ostensibly a good thing),  the end result is the same --
my laptop is forced to 1152x864.

  the log file verifies that the laptop display is recognized as
1920x1200, the radeon driver adds that as a "native panel mode,"
outputs VGA-0 and LVDS are connected, followed by:

  (II) RADEON(0): Using fuzzy aspect match for initial modes
  (II) RADEON(0): Output VGA-0 using initial mode 1152x864
  (II) RADEON(0): Output LVDS using initial mode 1152x864

should i now try this with fglrx?

rday