Re: howto log services startup message?

yeti_hym:
>> Is there a way to save the services startup message to a log file? I get
>> xxxxx [failed] items sometimes, but the message quick goes away and I can't
>> catch it.

Depending on your system, you may be able to press the pause key on the
keyboard, and halt things for a moment.

Craig White:
> already done - as root, look at /var/log/messages and all services
> should log there but depending upon the service and the problem this may
> be enough.

Only a few services have an output into that file, here.

I wish whoever decided that boot.log should go away (a few years back)
never disabled it, as they never released what they considered to be
their improvement on it.  The old /var/log/boot.log did show all the
bootup messages that went past the screen as the system started up.
With all the "okay," "failed," and other messages that happened as they
tried to start up.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686