Re: USB keyboard and mouse stopped working in X ?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
If you want proper undo support, it should be a filesystem level
feature. Something like btrfs in the (near?) future.

Interesting but tricky. The problem with filesystem-level rollbacks is
that they tend to roll back everything, including completely unrelated
stuff you happened to change after installing some package you want to
undo. I'm not sure how we can get a handle on this but I'll read up on
btrfs all the same.

Essentially, instead of journalling, use snapshots.

http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

It should be possible to modify the package manager to initiate a fs snapshot after a package content change as part of the transaction so unrelated changes don't roll in.

Rahul