Re: Phonon and non-existant audio devices

Em Seg 15 Set 2008, Nigel Henry escreveu:
> On Monday 15 September 2008 03:13, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > People,
> >
> > Using KDE 4.1 on F9, I keep getting phonon messages saying that
> > device xyz is not available and that sound will default to other
> > device. Device xyz existed a long time ago, but not now. However,
> > after every logon to KDE and every now and then after that, I get
> > this message. In System Configuration -> Sound, I can see the
> > device grayed out, but can not remove it. The remove button is
> > enabled when I select the device, but it does nothing when pressed.
> > I've also tried to change the priority of the available devices,
> > putting the currently existing one on the top of the list, but
> > still get the same anoying messages.
> > How do I get rid of the device which does not exist and of the
> > phonon messages?
>
> Ahaah. this may be usefull to you Marcelo. I've just renamed
> ~/.kde/share/config/phonondevicesrc to phonondevicesrc.bak, then
> logged out, and backin to KDE. No more phonon messages. A new
> phonondevicesrc file has been created, and "sound-system settings"
> now shows only 4 entries (no greyed out ones), and from top to bottom
> they read as below.

Hi, Nigel. Removing ~/.kde/share/config/phonondevicesrc solved the
phonon error messages problem. However, now both avidemux and pitivi
crash while loading :/
Don't know if this is related, but I was using them with no problems
just before the change. It must be coincidence, however, because
restoring the original file does not solve the new problem.
Well... No more phonon error messages, but I will add these crashes to
my ever growing list of multimedia problems.

Thanks,

Marcelo