Re: MySQL has gone away

Kevin Martin schrieb:
<snip>

What does your my.cnf show and what, if anything, does your mysql.out
show?  Did you mean to use the password "passwort" and is that what you
are typing in when you try to connect with the non-root user?

Kevin

Hi,

this is my my.cnf

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

default_character_set = utf8
character_set_server = utf8
init_connect = ‘SET NAMES utf8′

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

I havn't touched it.
I have used the password 'passwort' and I've used it when connecting to the database as a non-root user.

I do not experience any problems, on my x86_64 fedora installation on my laptop.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks and greets Boris