Re: FireFox 3 EULA

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I take it that this is a different thing, again, than what we saw when
> we first run Firefox 3 on Fedora 9?  (About how the anti-scamming
> feature that Firefox used will chat with a third party about the site
> you're visiting to check it, and that you had the choice of potentially
> losing some privacy by using the feature, or turning off the feature.)

Here's the problem... Steve hasn't actually seen how the EULA
situation for FF3 is handled in Fedora 9.  And apparently neither has
Shuttleworth if I'm reading the ubuntu ticket correctly.

I would encourage Steve to take a step back.. actually experience the
the Fedora 9 arrangement for FF3 and then start a new thread in
context of the problems of what we are actually doing, and not try to
base a discussion on what Ubuntu is or is not doing. Once Steve sees
how Fedora 9 handles the Firefox situation, he can then compare and
constrast with how Ubuntu it handling it.  And then if he still feels
odd about how we are actually handling it.. start a new
thread...specifically about the problems associated with the text we
are showing.

It's absolutely pointless to have a discussion about EULA text we are
not showing.

jef"Is pretty sure that Ubuntu isn't showing this:
http://fedoraproject.org/static/firefox/ "spaleta